Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Our Sunday Adventure.




Last week was not a fun week.  We were all suffering from allergies.  I finally took the kids to the pediatrician on Friday because I thought they had a cold.  The doctor informed me they had allergies to mold.  What?  He asked if I lived near a corn field.  Yes, I live in the middle of a corn field in the middle of nowhere.  He said the mold count is high right now in the local corn fields.  (A mold that is not too common, so hopefully it won't happen every summer).  He said stay indoors and use the A/C.  Well, come Sunday, I needed to get OUT!  We went to visit Steve's friends, Brent & Nicole, in Fort Wayne.  It was exactly what we needed!  The kids had fun.  I had fun talking to another mom!  Steve talked guns with his friends.  It was a win-win.  We were only there for two hours but I feel there were two days worth of stories.  Clare wanted to take home the zebra car.  It was the first time she was exposed to action figures.  She ran around the room with a super hero action figure for 20 minutes (they have two boys ages 7 and 5).  I'm pretty sure Luke did not meet the weight requirements for this lawn chair that did not have a child safety restraint.  And Clare ended up with permanent black Sharpie marks over her arms.  It started when Steve's friend gave Clare a smiley face drawing on her thumb nail.  Then, somehow, she ended up with his marker unsupervised and gave herself smiley faces on her arms.  Later on Monday, I was using a Sharpie to address a letter and she asked if she could color with it.  I said no, it was a permanent Sharpie, I have crayons for you.  She said, "Brent have Sharpie?"  I think Clare loved getting out as much as I did!

No comments: