Friday, June 24, 2011

Easy Mini Meat Loaves



I haven't been spending much time in the kitchen these past few weeks. Mainly because I've been feeling fatigued with a minimal appetite. For those who don't know, we are expecting another blessing in December! We just hit the 16-week mark so I'm feeling pretty good these days. So good, I spent 15 minutes in the kitchen to make these meat loaf muffins from my Gooseberry Patch Meals in a Minute cookbook. I recommend these to anyone who needs a super quick dinner for your kids (with the added bonus that they actually taste pretty good so you can enjoy them too).

12 oz tube refrigerated biscuits
1 lb ground beef
1 c ketchup
1/2 c chopped onion
1 beaten egg
1/4 c quick-cooking oats, uncooked
1 c shredded cheddar cheese
(I added 1/4 c italian bread crumbs, garlic powder, italian seasoning, and 1/2 c sweet baby ray's bbq sauce)

Divide and press biscuit dough across bottom and sides of greased muffin pan; set aside. Combine all other ingred. Form into balls and place one in each biscuit cup. Spread some ketchup/bbq mix on top; sprinkle with cheese. Bake at 350 for 20-30 minutes.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Thanks for the recipe! I will have to try it this week.

Hope you are feeling better!