Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Desk Makeover.





Our friends gave us this desk (and a dresser, mirror, and night stand) for Clare's room when we moved into the farmhouse.  It's a very heavy set with solid wood.  I recently decided to paint the black and white set to a cream color that matched her daybed.  I painted the drawers light blue to add some color to her coral and cream room, but am not completely happy with the outcome.  I think I'll paint the whole desk blue, rather than the two-tone.  Suggestions, anyone?  I also painted over the black knobs with a dark brown spray paint, the same color as the chair makeover, which my mom found at a second-hand store.  It was an easy project, and an easy fix with a cost of only $4.

1 comment:

Stef said...

I like the pop of blue. I think you should change the knobs to a nickel pull handle. You could also paint the desk drawers cream, change the knobs to a handle and paint the chair blue.