Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Ash Wednesday.


As we walked up the aisle in church to receive our ashes from the priest on Ash Wednesday, Clare said in her non-church voice, "Mommy, I don't want a stamp on my head."  She then said ok after she watched me receive my ashes.  Later that night she said, "Mommy, I do like my new stamp."  And then the following day she said, "Mommy, do you think we can go back to the church so Father can give me another stamp on my head?"

Later that week we delivered cookies to our parish priest.  Clare told the receptionist that these cookies are for Father Steve.  The receptionist was confused because our parish priest is Father Ron.  (Father Steve is our Oregon priest who was here last May to baptize Luke).  I explained to her the mix-up, and Clare followed up by saying, "oops, sorry about that!"

 

No comments: