Tuesday, April 24, 2012



 It's pretty obvious who had the most fun with this craft!  What a cheesy smile.  Seriously.  I need to get out more often.  Wyatt got involved with the craft but was a little hesitant to pose with us girls.  So he opted for a necklace pose.  He said he made the headband for his mom.  How sweet!
Credit is due to craftsnob . com for this easy t-shirt headband idea. I turned a super cool tie-dye maternity shirt into something that I didn't think could possibly out do the t-shirt in terms of coolness.  (No comments allowed on this posting)!  I cut the shirt into long strips.  Measured our noggins with each strip.  Tied a knot.  Cut off the excess, which was twisted and rolled into the flower for the headband.  I used a hot glue gun to adhere the flower.  Now I need to find a brown, black, or gray t-shirt to make a few more headbands that I will wear in public.  This one is super comfy.  It doesn't give me a headache like traditional headbands.  And it will probably never break.
(Note:  my cousin Marcia wore this shirt when she picked up Clare & I at the Chicago airport in December 2010 when we moved from Oregon to Indiana.  She was 7 months pregnant.  She totally rocked this tie-dye shirt.  I am in deep thought about sending the shirt back to her.  It will make a lovely belly shirt for a hot summer day in Chicago).



No comments: