Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Banana Chocolate Cake

I like to find new recipes and test them in my kitchen (or in this case, my in-laws kitchen), however, I usually avoid baking because I have been repeatedly unsuccessful. It shouldn't be that hard, right? Mix a couple of things. Toss them in a dish. Put in oven. Bake. And enjoy some homemade sweetness.

I had some ripe bananas but had too many frozen banana muffins and banana loaves in the freezer to make anymore bread, so I browsed one of my favorite cooking websites: luluthebaker.blogspot.com (She was my neighbor and Book Club friend in Eugene, OR). She had a recipe for Banana Chocolate cake with a beautiful picture of the end result. If you have time, take a look at her lovely cake after you laugh at my pictures! I don't know what happened... what made the middle of each cake sink? I kept baking an extra minutes to get it all done, but then the outsides were getting a bit crispy. Argh. I loved the taste of the cake. I'm not a cake person, but this one did please my sugar cravings.

No comments: